Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Where are my updates?!

To be honest, I've been on a long vacation since the last Battleheart patch.  Kind of a sabbatical really, as I've been kicking around ideas for what to do next, prototyping, writing and sketching in between enjoying the sunshine whenever it peeks through.  This is how I operate - after a year of development on Battleheart, it's difficult to just jump straight into the next production.  Plus, I have the attention span of a gnat, and easily get distracted by new ideas, pieces of code I want to try, etc.  So in short - new Mika Mobile stuff is coming, but exactly what/when I can't really promise.  At the top of the list is more Battleheart content, and a complete hi-fidelity remake of Zombieville.  I'll certainly spread the word when I feel confident that something is close-ish to release.

I'd like to think this is what gives Mika Mobile games part of their unique vibe - they're not the result of a production schedule and a sweatshop of indifferent employees cranking out content from their cubicles.  Rather, they generally come from a lot of iteration, experimentation, and monkeying around with things that I'm genuinely excited about, and I think that excitement comes through in the final product.  This leads to an erratic release schedule, but I think it's worth the trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment