Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Creeper Blog is live

Well it has been for a little while. Link


Anyways, a few friends play Minecraft, and(although I don't play it my self) they requested a place to share their "creeper art." The community of this exploding game is sometimes quite obsessed with this little green monster that runs around and explodes. They post parody images, stories, etc. So I provided a place for this stuff to go.

Because I wasn't too interested in creating a whole new design. I hacked apart an existing green Wordpress theme, and  used it for my own needs. If it becomes in my interest then I will create a original theme around creepers. But for now, a simple green theme compliments the little green exploding monsters quite well.

On the technical side, I had to hook up a simple upload/attach contact form with an e-mail address. This is a similar approach that Failblog uses. That way, my friends can verify each image for non-spamming features, and then upload it to Creeperblog. Each image is treated like a post, and each post has a rating. This way a simple top-ten images feature isn't hard to accomplish.

Check it out!

UPDATE:
Creeperblog is now on frontpage search for terms such as "Minecraft Creeper Art."

No comments:

Post a Comment