Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Android Development

Hey!

I've just set up my little Netbook with some basic Android App development stuff.



I downloaded the JDK, installed Eclipse, downloaded the Android SDK, and even installed some Android Eclipse plugins. It was a pain to do it, but I think now that it's all set up, I'll be able to deploy some stuff, and maybe get a simple app/game on the market.

I know enough Java to get me around, but this Android SDK stuff is very foreign to me. I've downloaded a 2D game engine called Andengine, and I'm currently playing around with some examples.

As for a game concept, I'm going to try some SUPER basic game idea (stuff that I could write in an hour or so with something I know), and try to get it nice and polished up. From what I've read so far on the Android SDK website, it seems that creating an app is a piece of cake, but writing a game is a bit more of a challenge. Hopefully this Andengine clears things up a bit.

Do you know any other good 2D graphics engines for Android development?

No comments:

Post a Comment