Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Worklog: First Android Game 1

Hey, I figured it was about time to start a Worklog of my new android game project.



The game's concept will remain hidden until closer to deployment. I will reveal that it's a very simple concept, and I hope that it does well for the amount of time it's expected to develop.

Now the business of the game:
  1. Engine: I will be using libGDX to help with drawing and input.
  2. Language: Java. You can develop Android applications in C++; however, Java is much easier in my opinion.
And here's my to-do list:
  1. Program basic button GUI, drawn with libGDX.
  2. Create screen interfaces, so I can easily switch the game mode/screen(mainmenu, etc) 
  3. Create the Main Menu
  4. Create the Help screen
  5. Create the basic 2-P mode, with fully functional dummy graphics
  6. Create AI for the 1-P mode
  7. Create the 1-P mode, where the player goes against a computer.
  8. Polish both modes and insert finished graphics
  9. Deploy
ETA? I'm not sure. It depends on how much free time I get. I should be spared some free time after wrestling season finishes. Until then, I don't have any firm estimate on when it'll be done. The game itself is much more simple than anything else I've written. The most challenging part will be the computer AI and the GUI of the game; however, it is the first ANDROID application I've written which will add to the challenge.

I'll update with progress as soon as enough is made!

No comments:

Post a Comment