Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

2010 Review / 2011 Goals

Well, it's the new year, and this past year has been great. Full of memories, achievements, mistakes, and aspirations.




2010 Accomplishments

  • Started Snosites to make money off of Web Design(originally just a place to show my portfolio, now I use it to advertise)
  • Ended Sophomore year with a 4.0 GPA
  • January 13th marked my one year anniversary with the girlfriend (soon to be two!)
  • Became very interested in Self-Employment and business
  • Placed 4th in my districts in wrestling
  • Finished my second cross country season
  • Varsity lettered for the second time in wrestling
  • Won 1st place in my whole state for entering Black Friday into a FBLA competition
  • Traveled to Nashville, TN. To compete with Black Friday in Nationals(didn't place top 10)
  • After ending Teenage Digest, I have started a new website project. This one is based on the principle of community maintainability. Similar to Reddit. It's a not-so-unique idea put into a very unique presentation. I expect it to do well, and I'm learning a lot from it.
  • Taught myself Java with the Android SDK. So that I can create apps in the future.
  • Created this blog, so that I can primarily help others, network, and advertise. Prehaps later it will generate some Adsense revenue.
2010 Mistakes
  • Created The Teenage Digest, a blog/resource website for teenager advice and what not. It became something I was not interested in at all. It was a product of my entrepreneurial vibes acting up. I never really thought this one through, and I never realized how little time I would have to write new articles (that I wasn't interested in writing) for it.
  • Over complicated simple things. I can never seem to look at the big picture, it put me in countless bad situations, and arguments.

2011 Goals

  • Make over 20,000$
  • Get involved in the Stock Market
  • Figure out what my plan is for college life (I know I'm going to college, I just don't know how living is going to work out.)
  • Write an Android App/Game or two
  • Finish my secret website project in the spring
  • Find a part time job in the summer/spring to bring in some constant money.
  • Create advertisements/signs to get some customers for Web Design(doing that soon).
  • Network with some people through this blog to get some viewers.
  • End Junior year with a 4.0 GPA
  • Place well in regionals for wrestling
I hope everyone had a good New Year's Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment